1. Selecting the type of card from which the material is transferred
- data transfer from P2 card (MXF file format)
- data transfer from the SONY card
- data transfer from an APPLE computer
- transcoding and transfer of files located on the local hard disk
NOTE: The data transfer procedure is always the same regardless of the type of card from which the transfer is made.
2. Window for displaying the selected file on the card
When the data from the card has been loaded, a list of all the files on the card will appear in the Source field (3). Double-clicking on the file will start playback in the display window.
a – Screen for displaying the selected file
b – Time from the beginning of the display of video material
c – Time until the end of the video material
d – Graphic display of the current position of the video material
e – File display controls
f – The name of the file currently being displayed
File display controls
I – Button to rewind 10 frames
II – 1 frame rewind button
III – Button for playing video material
IV – Button to stop playback of video material
V – Button for rewinding video material 1 frame forward
VI – Button for rewinding video material 10 frames forward
When the selected card is plugged in, the content of the card will be displayed in the source field.
NOTE: The RELOAD button is used to reload the contents of the card.
In the file selection field (SELECTION), we drag and drop the assets we want to transfer from the (SOURCE) tab.
a – The format of the material to be transferred
b – Button for sorting the display by the date of creation of the material
c – List of files to be transferred from the card
NOTE: If the selected transfer format contains material of different formats (SD, HD, 4K), the material that is not in the selected transfer format will be crossed out and will not be transferred from the card.
5. Asset transfer locations
a – List of pre-created locations for material transfer.
b – Number of days before the material will be deleted from the location to which it was transferred. If the value “0” is entered in the field, the material will never be deleted from the location.
c – Field for entering tags that will be used for asset search.
d – The name of the file into which the selected assets will be transcoded in case we have selected several assets from the card that we want to transcode into one. If the material is transferred without transcoding into one file, then in the name field enter the name of the folder that will be created in the selected location and all material will be transferred to that folder.
e – Choosing the way the material will be transferred to the desired location.
- Button to switch the material in its original state - as on the card (without transcoding).
- Button for transcoding and switching assets in their original state - as on the card (with transcoding) throwing material in their original state - as on the card (without transcoding).
- Button for transcoding the entire list of assets (SELECTION) into one asset and switching to a location.
NOTE: After starting one of the operations, a progress bar will appear that graphically shows how far the transfer has come.
When transcoding or transferring assets to one of the locations begins, a list of tasks D.Ingest is currently executing will appear in the TASK field.